'Legally Blonde' Elle Woods Cake
photo by koalipops
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 2 cake, mixes plus required ingredients (16 ounces each)
- 24 ounces white fondant
- pink food coloring
- 35 ounces Classic Buttercream Frosting for the icing
- Bake two 16-ounce cake recipes in a Wiltons doll cake pan.
- Remove the cakes from the pan and slice the cake into three equal layers.
- Stack the cakes with buttercream between each layer.
- Crumb coat the entire cake.
- Smoothen out icing with an offset spatula.
- Cut a hole into the top layer of cake big enough to fit a Barbie doll's legs.
- Cover the doll cake in a 14-inch circle of pink fondant.
- Enhance the folds at the bottom of the cake.
- Place your doll in the middle of the cake.
- Cover the dolls waist with pink fondant.
- Blend the fondant around the dolls waist into the rest of the cake.
- Rollout the pink fondant.
- Cut out the fabric pattern.
- Place the fondant on to the bottom of the cake at a 45-degree angle.
- Fold the back of the fondant over to create a fold.
- Create fondant texture using sculpting tools.
- Repeat the process over around the entire cake.
- Cut out a long rectangle for the dolls top.
- Attach the rectangle to the front of the doll.
- Cut out a second rectangle.
- Apply the rectangle to the opposite side of the dolls top.
- Add small fondant fold to create ruffle for the top.
- Paint on pink luster dust to give the top of the dress shine.
- Cut black fondant into a long strip.
- Wrap the fondant around the dolls waist to create a belt.
- Comb the dolls hair.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!