Leg of Lamb With Garlic and Rosemary
photo by SueVM
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 7 lbs leg of lamb
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- Pat lamb dry and score fat by making shallow cuts all over with tip of a sharp small knife.
- Pound garlic to a paste with sea salt using a mortar and pestle (or mince and mash with a heavy knife) and stir together with rosemary and pepper.
- Put lamb in a lightly oiled roasting pan, then rub paste all over lamb.
- Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roast lamb in middle of oven until an instant-read thermometer inserted 2 inches into thickest part of meat (do not touch bone) registers 130°F, 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours.
- Transfer to a cutting board and let stand 15 to 25 minutes (internal temperature will rise to about 140°F for medium-rare).
- Add wine to pan and deglaze by boiling over moderately high heat, stirring and scraping up brown bits, 1 minute.
- Season pan juices with salt and pepper and serve with lamb.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hi and thanks for visiting my AM page. My name is Vicki and I love to cook. I've always been an avid collector of recipes and cookbooks - in fact I have over 1200 cookbooks on my computer alone.</p> 8724165"