Leftover Meatloaf Chili
photo by Probably This
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 cups leftover meatloaf (I used Crushed Saltine Meatloaf)
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder (I used Chili Seasoning Mix)
- 1 (15 ounce) can undrained pinto beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can undrained diced tomatoes
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, divided (optional)
- In a medium sized saucepan, combine beans, tomatoes, and chili seasoning.
- Heat and stir until seasonings are well blended.
- Add meatloaf and stir until meat is heated, about 15 minutes.
- Divide into two serving bowls, and if desired top with equal amount of cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wow, what's not to love about this recipe? A great use for leftover meatloaf and the perfect amount for 2! DH isn't as wild as I am about meatloaf sandwiches, and it is a cold and snowy day here, so perfect for chili. I made it as written with plain chili powder, but did also use DelMonte diced tomatoes with mild chilies as that is what I had on hand. It sat on the stove on low for longer than I had planned, but it just made the flavors blend nicely. Thanks Chef for an easy, tasty, great use for leftovers recipe! We'll come back to this one again and again!
see 3 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Even though I haven't been here for a long time, MY recipes aren't up for adoption. :) And don't change any of them either. ;)