Leftover Mashed Potato Roll Ups
photo by anme7039
- Ready In:
- Let your leftover mashed potatoes cool,then roll into small balls about the size of a quarter, sprinkle the outside with seasonings of your choice.
- I like to add cyenne pepper for a little kick!
- Place on baking sheet sprayed with cooking oil.
- Bake 325 degrees for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- I use sides of ranch dressing or sour cream to go with them!
- You can be as creative as you want- I have molded the potatoes around a small piece of cheese.
- If you like it hot then use a small chunk of jalapano or habanero pepper!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made these today and since I used mashed potatoes with cream cheese I didn't think they were stiff enough, but wanted to try it as per recipe. As I thought, they didn't quite hold their shape, but the flavor and idea was great! I tried several different toppings...garlic salt, seasoning salt, salt and pepper, chipotle powder and grated parmesan lightly pressed into the top. I liked the parmesand and the chipotle flavors the best.
OK, these were GOOD! I had a bunch of leftover mashed potatoes and this is what I did with them, am I ever glad I tried this. I sprinkled garlic and roasted pepper spice mix as well as some basil on them. Delicious. The leftovers had lots of ranch dressing in them, so that may have altered the taste some too. Thanks for posting...I will be doing this from now on!