Leftover Ham, Spinach and Potato Casserole
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is from a Betty Crocker cookbook. One of those 'check-out counter' small cookbooks that I purchased years ago. I've made it several times and love it, and it's a good way to use up leftover ham Cook time includes resting time..
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 2 2⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 2⁄3 cups instant potato flakes
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups cooked ham, cubed
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Pre-Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter 9x13" baking dish.
- Prepare instant potatoes according to package directions to yield the required amount.
- In medium bowl combine onion, pepper, salt, if using, spinach, sour cream, cream cheese, and slightly beaten eggs; mix well.
- Spread mixture into bottom of buttered dish.
- Sprinkle cubed ham evenly over spinach mixture.
- Top with evenly spread mashed potatoes.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes or until mixture begins to bubble.
- Remove foil, sprinkle with cheddar cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake another 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
- Note: I make my potatoes slightly thinner to facilitate easier spreading. I also use a little more onion, and the salt is optional. This is a matter of taste The 4 oz of cheddar cheese should yield 1 cup of shredded cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION