Lee's Apple Crisp
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Found this one in my brother's handwriting from when he was in 4-H.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup rolled quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup flour, sifted enriched
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 cups apples, peeled and sliced (Granny Smith is good)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to moderate 350°F.
- Place oats, flour, sugar, salt and cinnamon in the bowl and mix to blend.
- Add soft butter and blend well with pastry blender or fork.
- Arrange apples in buttered baking dish.
- Spread oatmeal mixture on top of apples and press down lightly.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until topping is brown and apples are tender where tested with fork.
- Serve warm or cold with milk, cream or ice cream.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION