Leek, Mushroom and Mozzarella Pie
Veggie-pie! This recipe can be adapted to the available vegetables. You can try with different kinds of cheese. Please make your experiment!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 prepared pie crust (your favorite one, not sweet)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium leeks (cleaned, sliced)
- 200 g mixed mushrooms (if possible fresh champignons, cleaned, sliced)
- 1 mozzarella cheese (sliced)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme (or other herbs at your taste)
- Roll out your pie crust.
- Line a pie dish with the pastry (30 cm square).
- Fry leek in olive oil until slightly roasted (it takes about 10 minutes) add mushrooms and cook 5 for 5 minutes, but keep 9 nice slices aside.
- Spoon the vegetables mixture into pastry.
- Adjust the mozzarella slices on the leek mix.
- Mix in a bowls eggs, milk, pepper, thyme and flour. Adjust salt and pepper to your taste.
- Poor the egg mix on the vegetables and mozzarella.
- Decorate with the mushroom slices.
- Bake 40-45 Minutes at 180°C (heat and timing are basing it on convection oven).
- Serve warm or cold with green salad.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 1 more