Leek, Carrot and Mushroom Creamy Bake (Vegan)
photo by fruitfly20
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 300 g leeks
- 300 g carrots, diced into cubes
- 200 g sliced mushrooms
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 40 g flour
- 40 g margarine
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 450 ml boiling water
- 150 ml soya cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- salt and pepper
- Fry the leeks and carrots in a frying pan the olive oil on a moderate heat until they begin to soften.
- Add the garlic and mushroom cook for a further 5 minutes. Remove the veg mix from the pan.
- Add the margarine and flour to the frying pan and heat gently stirring into a pasta, cook until golden brown about 5 minutes.
- Add the boiling water to the bouillon cubes and stir well, add this stock to the flour and margarine gradually whisking in between. When all incorporated and thickened, take of heat and add soya cream and herbs mustard and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix this with the vegetables and put in an oven proof dish, place in oven gas mark 6 for 40 minutes. Add dumplings if you want on the top and cook for a further 20 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
im a community trainer specializing in food and allergies, vegan mum to 2 veggie squidges, theres loads more so see my site :)