Leek and Watercress Soup
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 large leek, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 bunches watercress, stems removed
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- In a large saucepan, saute the leek in the butter for about 3 minutes. Add the watercress and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the potatoes, chicken broth, thyme, pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, simmer covered for 30 minutes.
- With a stick blender, puree the vegetables. Stir in the heavy cream and gently heat until barely simmering.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
- Note: Do not use milk or light cream as they might curdle. Can make ahead of time and gently reheated.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!