Leek and Gruyere Frittata
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large leek, washed and thinly sliced
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 ounces gruyere cheese, grated (about 1/3 cup)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat buuter and oil in a 10 inch cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Saute leek slices until sft and barely browned. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs and milk together in a mixing bowl. Pour over leeks and sprinkle with cheese. Let cook for about 5 minutes, until edges are just set. Stick in oven for 8 minutes. Frittata should be just set throughout.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a stay at home mom to a super spunky little girl. She's only 18 months and already full of personality. <br />I love recipezaar and am just getting into the contests and events. It's really helping me break out of my cooking rut. I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to review or post a photo of any of my recipes, good or bad. After all we all have different tastes and suggestions for improvement are always welcome. <br /> <br /><br /><br /><br /></p>