Lebanese Rose Drink (Sharab Ward)
- Ready In:
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice strained
- pink food coloring, few drops (I say optional)
- 1⁄3 cup rose water
- Put sugar and water into a pan and stir over medium heat until dissolved.
- Bring to a boil and add lemon juice.
- Boil without stirring, for 10 minutes, skimming when necessary.
- Add colouring to syrup to achieve a deep pink - it will be lighter when diluted later.
- Add rose water and boil 3 minutes longer. Remove from heat, cool, bottle and seal.
- To serve, put 2-3 tbs syrup or to taste, in a glass (I use more but maybe my glasses are big) then fill with iced water.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This drink is so soothing and so nicely refreshing... Imagine drinking "Rose water"?..Makes you feel rejuvenated...This recipe uses the same method as "Simple Syrup" which is also used as a base to make the famous "Julep" served at the Kentucky Derby. I served it to my friends on "Mothers Day" and got a lot of compliments.
Hhmm, this is a delicious rose syrup!<br/>It's very important to follow the recipe and don't let boil the syrup if the sugar is not yet dissolved and really don't stirr while boiling. This should prevent the formation of sugar cristals.<br/>Since I did once (not wiht this recipe) this mistake, I know it!<br/>The quality of the rose water will have a big impact with the taste and the result.<br/>I like it with some more lemon juice as personal taste and I love it if not too sweet.<br/>Thanks a lot for posting this recipe.