Lean Shepherd's Pie
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (14 ounce) can creamed corn
- 3 cups prepared mashed potatoes (or instant)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large fry pan, brown meat until it is no longer pink.
- Add ketchup, worcestershire sauce & seasoning to cooking meat. Stir well.
- Pour meat mixture into a large rectangular pan.
- Rinse frozen corn & spread it evenly over the meat mixture.
- Spread the creamed corn next.
- Top casserole with mashed potatoes and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes. If you like the top abit crunchy, broil a few minutes before removing from the oven.
Join The Conversation
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I enjoy to cook & my DH enjoys to eat. Neither one of us have serious weight or physical issues but I strive to make my meals healthy. I try to stay away from 'low-fat' & processed foods cause they are usually filled with other undesirable ingredients. I try to stick to natural foods & I grow a garden including several herbs. <br />I make a point of reviewing all recipes I've tried & appreciate the time others take to forward feedback on my recipes.</p>