Le Ruth's Garlic Butter
A wonderful spread for bread, baked potatoes, or fish dishes. Melted, it makes a superb dip for shellfish. Refrigeration time not included in preparation time.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups butter, softened (no substitutions)
- 2 cups margarine, softened (not spread or tub product)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine (Chardonnay or Pinot Grigio is wonderful, but whatever you have is fine)
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- Whip butter and margarine in mixer or food processor until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix on high speed until the butter turns white, about ten minutes.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION