Lawry's Spinning Salad
photo by Paula P.
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 20mins
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄2 cup baby spinach leaves or 1/2 cup watercress, torn into sprigs
- 1 cup shoestring beet
- 1 hard-boiled egg, peeled and sieved
- seasoning salt, to taste
- seasoned pepper, to taste
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- sourdough crouton
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder with parsley
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- In a large salad bowl, combine lettuces, spinach or watercress, beets and egg; sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper and toss with dressing (you can spin the bowl if you want).
- Garnish each serving with cherry tomatoes and croutons.
- Dressing: In a blender, combine vinegar, water, applesauce, worcestershire sauce, sherry, seasoned salt, sugar, paprika, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce; blend on high until combined, about 30 seconds.
- With motor running on high, slowly add oil through the pour hole in the lid until combined, about 2 minutes; refrigerate several hours before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!