Lavender Roasted Beets
From The Lavender Cookbook by Sharon Shipley. Try different varieties and colors of beets. I left the beets unpeeled but scrubbed them well.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb medium beet, with 1 inch of stems remaining
- 5 -6 unpeeled garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup plus 1 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried culinary provence' lavender buds, finely ground in a spice grinder plus 1/2 teaspoon dried culinary provence' lavender buds, finely gr
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Place the beets and garlic on a large sheet of foil and sprinkle with ¼ cup of the oil and 1 tablespoon of the lavender; toss to combine. Fold up the foil to make a sealed packet. Place on a baking sheet.
- Roast for 30 to 45 minutes, or until tender when tested with a sharp knife. Set aside until cool enough to handle. Slip off the skins.
- Cut the beets into quarters and place in a large skillet. Peel the garlic and mach. Add the garlic to the beets.
- Stir in the lemon juice, the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and the remaining ½ teaspoon lavender. Season with salt and pepper. Warm through over medium heat.
- Sprinkle with the parsley and garnish with the lemon zest.
- Serve hot or warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION