photo by COOKGIRl
- Ready In:
1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil (good quality)
- 3 garlic cloves, unpeeled and crushed (reduced from six cloves in original recipe)
- 2 -3 fresh lavender, stems flowers bruised (be sure to use culinary grade lavender flowers)
- 3 eggs
- 1 -3 tablespoon lemon juice (to desired consistency)
- In a small saucepan, gently heat the oil with the garlic and lavender over low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat just before oil starts to bubble. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- With a sieve over a small bowl, strain the lavender oil, pressing with a spoon to extract soft solids from the garlic and lavender. Discard herbs.
- In a food processor or blender (I've always had better luck using a blender to make aioli), process the eggs and lemon juice until well blended. With the motor running, add the lavender oil infusion a few drops at a time, then in a thin, steady stream until all the oil is absorbed and the mixture has thickened.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Refrigerate for up to 2 days or use immediately. Aioli thickens upon chilling.
- Yield is estimated.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!