Laundry Soap Inexpensive
An inexpensive laundry soap that works well. Zote is only 99 cents for 14 oz at my Walmart so its a really cheap recipe for me. They do not sell washing soda so I bought Ph+ for pools, which is 100% sodium carbonate the same as washing soda. Baking soda is not the same.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup washing soda
- 1⁄2 cup borax
- 2 ounces fels-naptha bath soap (or zote)
- 1 teaspoon essential oil, of you choice
- 4 cups water
- 1 gallon water
- 3 quarts water
- Grate soap in food processor or use a cheese grater.
- Melt soap in 4 cups of water on the stove on medium heat.Do not boil.
- Add borax and washing soda.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Add fragrance.
- Pour mixture into a 3-5 gallon bucket or big anamel pot and add the rest of the water. Stir.
- Let it set overnight and it will gel.
- Pour into empty detergent bottles or store in covered bucket.
- Shake or stir before using. Use 1/4 cup per normal load of laundry. Use 1/2-1 cup for mens work clothes or socks.
- Once you have the ingredients, one box of Borax will make about 38 gallons of Laundry soap, each bar of Zote will make 14 gallons, and a 4 lb bottle of sodium carbonate makes 32 gallons. It cost me $14.72 to begin with [including 5 bars of Zote]. Because of the amount that each ingredient is sold in, I can make atleast 32 gallons of laundry soap which means 2048 loads of laundry for $14.72. Thats about 4 years worth for my family of 5 people.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is almost exactly like the recipe I make. It is wonder! Sometimes I do not even put in the essential oil and it still smells good. I did add a 1/2 cup of powder oxy wash to my recipe. This laundry recipe does take a bit of work, but well, well worth it.<br/><br/>The first time I made this laundry detergent was 2 1/2 years ago and I did not spend more then $20. I am still using the original supplies I bought the 1st time. By the looks of it I have at least 2 more years of supplies left. The nice thing about this recipe is it is also safe to use on the new HE washers. I have been using it on mine for over a year.1Reply