Latin Style Grilled Mahi Mahi
- Ready In:
For the Mahi Mahi
- 4 (8 ounce) mahi mahi fillets, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the Spice Rub
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground chili powder (kick it up with chipotle or ancho)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
For the Avocados
- 2 avocados, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
For the Salsa
- 1 cup pineapple, diced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chipotle pepper, pureed
- For the Grill: Heat up the grill. Combine all the spices for the rub and mix until well blended. Rub the mahi-mahi with the oil and spice mix. Then, rub the avocados with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Over a hot grill, cook the mahi-mahi steaks 5 to 7 minutes per side. Grill the avocados, cut side down, for 3 to 5 minutes until golden brown.
- To Serve: Combine all of the salsa ingredients in a bowl and toss.
- Serve the grilled mahi-mahi with the grilled avocado half and pineapple salsa on the side.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!