photo by Ms B.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄8 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 4 slices Italian bread or 4 slices white bread
- 4 bacon, strips halved and cooked
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese (wide)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- Combine first 3 ingredients; spread on four slices of bread.
- Top each with four bacon pieces, two tomato slices, and a slice of cheese.
- Top with remaining bread.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter.
- Cook sandwiches on both sides until bread is lightly browned and cheese is melted, adding more butter if necessary.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Hi, Debe. This isn't what I'd call a "lasagna" sand, either, but it's yummy! It's more like an italian grilled cheese. I cut & changed up the recipe for one sand. I used 1 1/2 tsp fat free sour cream, 1/16 tsp onion powder & 1/8 tsp oregano. I spread it on one slice of bread. I used 1 slice of turkey bacon & 2 tbsp shredded mozz cheese-no tomato & used sara lee white whole wheat bread. I sprayed nonstick butter spray on the bottoms of the bread & sprayed the skillet, too (saves calories!) It tasted really good & made a great snack :-). UPDATE: I added about 3 oz cooked shredded chicken to this sandwich for a quick dinner & it was GREAT! Lke a club sandwich :-)
This is a great variation of a bacon sandwich. I didn't find that it really had the flavor of lasagna, but was very good in its own way. After frying the bacon, I sautéed my onions in the bacon fat, as I don't care for the bite of raw onion. I also used shredded mozzarella cheese instead of sliced, as that is what I had on hand. This was a great lunch that I paired with a salad.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
OK....so it's not a picture of me....these 3 beauties are my babies...and I look just like THEM! If I'm not working to save up for these weddings, I'm outdoors.....and if the weather is bad; I'm indoors cooking! Such is life........