Lasagna (Classic Mueller's Recipe)
This is the basic recipe from Mueller's box with a couple substitutions to suit my taste and laziness. Makes one deep 13x9 pan. If you make ahead and refrigerate, it will take longer to bake and will be drier.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 (26 ounce) jars marinara-flavor Prego spaghetti sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) carton part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) carton low fat cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 16 ounces lasagna noodles
- Spread about 1 cup Prego sauce in bottom of lasagna pan.
- Boil noodles as directed (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat immediately and run cold water into pan so noodles won't overcook.
- While noodles are cooking, brown ground beef in large saucepan. Remove from heat and mix in remaining Prego.
- Set aside 1/2 cup of parmesan and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Combine remaining parmesan and mozzarella with eggs, ricotta, and cottage cheese.
- Layer in lasaga pan: 1/3 of noodles, 1/3 meat sauce, and 1/2 cheese mixture. Repeat.
- Top with remaining 1/3 noodles, 1/3 meat sauce, and reserved mozzarella and parmesan.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation