Not only are these crisp snacks low in fat and salt, they also offer quite a change from the usual snack fare.
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup grated low-fat parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried parsley, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- sodium-free seasoning (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 2 large baking sheets with PAM or equivalent.
- Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt. Drain well and separate noodles carefully.Pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine oil and 1/4 cup water in a small bowl. Brush on both sides of noodles.
- Cut each noodle crosswise into 2-inch pieces and arrange in single layers on baking sheets.
- Combine bread crumbs, cheese, dried herbs, garlic powder, paprika and no-salt seasoning if using. Mix well.
- Sprinkle about 1/8 teaspoon over each noodle piece. Spritz with baking spray.
- Bake for 16 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Watch closely.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.
- Serving size = 5 pieces.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I was thrilled to find this recipe because I had 8 cooked lasagna noodles leftover from making a pan of lasagna. This recipe came out nice and crispy and tasted great! I did start out with the oven at 350 while my lasagna was still baking and then finished the last 5 min. at 400 degrees. Very good! I think these will be great dipped in hummus! We used them instead of bread sticks with our lasagna.
I had some left over lasagna noodles that were in a box and decided to try out this recipe. I adjusted the servings to work with my 8 noodles, and it worked out great. The house smelled like an italian restaurant and my picky mom LOVED it. Asked me to print out the recipe and kept talking about it for 30 min. I also just recently learned to cook, so if I can make it, anyone can.