With Rosemary, garlic and honey balsamic glaze. Tender and juicy! (Marinating time not included in timing)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups balsamic vinegar, divided
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 -6 lbs lamb spareribs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons garlic, smashed
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- Whisk together 3/4 cups vinegar and olive oil; brush over all sides of ribs and season with salt. Add garlic and rosemary to vinegar and oil. Place ribs in recloseable plastic bag and pour vinegar and oil mixture over, seal bag and massage marinade into meat.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Thouroughly mix remaining 1/2 cup vinegar with honey and set aside.
- Arrange ribs on a rack in a shallow roasting pan and cook in a 325f degree oven for 1 1/2 hours turning once.
- During the last half hour baste frequently with reserved honey mixture.
- Cut into 2 or 3 rib portions.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I followed this recipe closely except I added a little too much vinegar (by not keeping some aside for the honey baste). I also used dried rosemary. I made it for about 1/3rd portion of the recipe. I didn't use a ziplocked bag (none on hand) instead just leaving it in a baking dish with plastic wrap over it overnight in the fridge. It was still great tasting with the slightest hint of too much vinegar due to my mistake. The ingredients complimented each other and in fact enhanced the flavour of the rosemary. It all enhanced the flavour of the lamb. I served it with roast potatoe and pumpkin and boiled brocoli, cauliflower and carrot. The cut of lamb is slightly more messy (as any ribs are). Overall an excellent recipe with an excellent result.Reply
see 1 more