Lamb Shanks on Mash.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 4 lamb shanks
- 1 large onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 liter chicken stock
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 300 ml white wine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 3 large potatoes
- 1 tablespoon cream
- Creamy Mash.
- Peel and slice potatoes and boil until tender.
- Drain. In a large bowl, add potatoes, butter, cream, salt and pepper and mash until potatoes are creamy.
- Lamb Shanks.
- Heat oil in a frypan, add diced onion ,crushed garlic and fry gently for about 3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Add shanks and fry until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add tomato puree, stock, onion, garlic and wine to cover lamb shanks.
- Bring to boil slowly, simmer for 40 minutes with lid on.
- Stir through chopped parsley.
- Serve on a bed of creamy mashed potato.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in country Western Australia, 158 kms from the City of Perth. It is an agricultural area with Mediterranean type climatic conditions. Our family has always grown fresh produce so it is easy to use fruit and vegetables that are in season. My favourite cookbooks are anything written by Antonio Carluccio, Margaret Fulton, Stephanie Alexander,Jamie Oliver and just about any other?cookbook that is full of interesting and tempting recipes. I like to experiment with food and bring out the best of flavours in any dish that I prepare. Do I love homemade Italian food? How can you live without it? But then I love Indian,Asian, Middle Eastern,European cuisines and the good old Aussie food as well. Nothing beats a good barbecue with the family and friends.