Lamb Shank Dinner
I'm not sure where I found this recipe but I'm glad I did as it's yummy and it can easily be adapted to cook in the oven or crockpot.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons Madras curry powder
- 4 lamb shanks
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 potatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon fruit chutney
- 2 cups green peas, cooked
- parsley, chopped, to garnish
- Heat butter, oil & curry powder in a heavy pan & slowly brown lamb shanks on all sides.
- Add onion, stock, carrots & potatoes.
- Bring to the boil, then cover & simmer for 1 hour or until shanks are tender.
- Stir in fruit chutney & peas and heat through, add salt & pepper to taste and sprinkle with parsley to serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Thank you Mandy for a very enjoyable 1 pot meal. I used 3 lamb shanks weighing about 500 grams each and followed the quantitites in the recipe for 4 shanks, we like our lamb falling off the bone so taking that into consideration and other restrictions were the stove was concerned I followed through to step and bringing to the boil and then bunged it into the oven (in an iron cast enameled pot) fan forced at 130C for 2 1/2 hours - the only change I would make would be to add the veg after the first 1 1/4. I did use baby chat potatoes (a gift from a neighbour) which I halved and 2 large carrots cut into chunks and 1 finely sliced brown onion and used a half cup of each of peas and corn kernels (which I added in the last 20 minutes). Sorry did not have the fruit chutney and forgot to the parsley when serving up. After serving I added a flour slurry to the juices to give a slightly thickened gravy - overall delicious, thank you Many. Made for Aussie/Kiwi swap #34 November 2009.Reply
see 2 more