Lamb Meatballs With Lemon-Cumin Yogurt
- Ready In:
For the meatballs
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped of fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
For the yogurt
- 7 ounces whole-milk Greek yogurt (Fage brand, if available)
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped of fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 medium lemon, zest of, minced
- Heat the oven to 375°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
- Combine all meatball ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly with your hands.
- Form into 30 balls (about 2 teaspoons each) and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake until meatballs are no longer pink in the middle, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all yogurt ingredients in a small bowl and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix well.
- Serve with the meatballs.
- NOTE: The meatballs can be formed up to 24 hours ahead and refrigerated; they’ll just need an additional 3 to 5 minutes in the oven to cook through.
- The yogurt dip can be made 1 day ahead, covered tightly, and refrigerated.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!