Lamb Loin Chops With Mushroom Marsala Sauce
photo by Mary Jenny
- Ready In:
- 6 lamb loin chops
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces fresh cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- In a shallow bowl mix flour with salt and pepper. Lightly dredge loin chops in flour.
- In a large frying pan, over medium-high heat, add olive oil. When oil is hot add loin chops to pan. Sear on either side for 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- To same pan, add butter and mushrooms. Sauté mushrooms until liquid is released, about 5 minutes. Add shallots and garlic. Cook 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Slowly add wine to deglaze the pan; using spatula to scrape the pan clean. Add chicken stock, Dijon mustard, and seared loin chops to the pan. Continue to simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Sprinkle with fresh thyme and serve over hot mashed potatoes.
- More recipes featuring fresh local ingredients are available at mushrooms.ca.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!