Lamb Fricassee With Endives
- Ready In:
- 2 medium onions
- 8 lamb chops
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley
- 3 tablespoons dried dill weed
- 5 bunches endives
- 3 eggs
- 2 lemons
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- Chop onions in chopper until finely ground. The more chopped the better.
- Wash lamb chops and set aside
- Place butter into pot and let melt entirely.
- Add onion to butter and let simmer for a few minutes.
- Place lamb chops flat in pot, do not overlap.
- Let lamb chops brown on one side then flip. Lightly salt and pepper the exposed side.
- Let other side brown and flip again. Lightly salt and pepper the exposed side.
- Once both sides are browned fairly well (about fifteen minutes of cooking at medium heat) add the parsley and dill to the mixture. (Don't be afraid to add more dill and parsley than listed).
- Add water to cover the chops and stir mixture lightly.
- Let mixture sit covered at medium/low heat for about two hours or until lamb is cooked. (add water if mixture gets too low).
- Once lamb is cooked, add cleaned endive to pot with two to three cups of water.
- Let endives boil until tender (about 45 minutes).
- Once endives are tender, separate egg whites from yolks. Do not discard yolks, and juice lemons.
- Beat egg whites in mixer until resembles meringue, add yolks to whites and beat for a few seconds.
- Add lemon juice to mixture while beating, then add two ladle fulls of liquid from pot to mixture and beat.
- After all is whipped, add to pot and stir.
- Take off heat, and serve.
- Add salt and lemon to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!