Lamb Curry - Crock Pot
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 10hrs 10mins
- 2 lbs lean lamb fillets
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sultana raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped mixed nuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups apple juice
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- Remove any fat from lamb, cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Place chopped onions in bottom of a 3 1/2 quart crock pot. Top with chopped apple, raisins, and nuts, lay meat cubes evenly over top.
- Mix apple juice with remaining ingredients, pour over meat, cover pot.
- Cook at low setting for 8 to 10 hours, stirring once during last hour.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
The flavours in this dish are intense, well-combined, but individually and pleasantly detectable – quite tart overall. As expected and hoped for, the curry flavour was the most prominent without being objectionably overpowering. I couldn’t find lamb filets in the stores, so I bought a half leg of lamb and trimmed and cubed a couple of pounds of the leanest meat myself. The dish was cooked to perfection in almost exactly 9 hours. I served it with rice that was coloured and flavoured with a little turmeric and a pinch of middle eastern spice mix, and accompaniments of mango chutney and mint sauce to balance the tartness. MIL, SIL, and BIL had no opinion – they weren’t here to taste it. FIL had no comment – he is deceased. And Fido had nothing to say either – he didn’t get any of it. I would say that I will “definitely make this again” because it “is a keeper”, but those phrases have been overused and I hate to be plagiaristic. Excellent recipe, Dorothy.16Reply