Lamb Chops With Minted Hollandaise Sauce
Instead of the traditional mint sauce, lamb chops are served here with a creamy hollandaise sauce flavored with fresh mint. The sauce is not difficult to make, as long as it is cooked over gentle heat. Enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 4 shoulder lamb chops
- olive oil
- salt and black pepper
Minted hollandaise sauce to serve
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 3 egg yolks, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 lb unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- salt and pepper, to tast
- Brush the chops on both sides with a little oil and season with black pepper.
- Put the chops under the broiler, 4 inches from the heat, and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side for medium-rare chops, slightly longer for well-done.
- Arrange the lamb chops on warmed serving plates and serve immediately with the warm minted hollandaise sauce.
- Good served with asparagus and a carrot salad.
- Hollandaise sauce: Whisk together the lemon juice, viegar, and egg yolks.
- Put over a saucepan of simmering water and whisk until thick.
- Melt the butter and add, a little at a time, to the egg-yolk mixture, whisking constantly until the sauce thickens.
- Stir in the fresh mint and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a gravy boat and serve immediately.
- Variation: Lemon and Thyme Hollandaise: Make the sauce as directed, substituting 1 tsp grated lemon zest and 1 tbls chopped fresh thyme for the chopped mint.
- Serve with the lamb chops.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I have never cooked lamb or hollandaise and these both turned out excellent. I used New Zealand lamb. I did not eat any since I don't like lamb but my DH and our guest was majorly impressed. I didn't find the sauce very minty so would add a bit more I think. Made for the Aus/NZ region for ZWT 5 for team Zaar Chow HoundsReply
First time ever I have made lamb chops & hollandaise sauce,was extremely nervous.The sauce turned out delicious I used 2 small egg yolks also decreased the vinegar by 1/2 a spoon.The chops I boiled with bay leaf, cloves,cinnamon & whole black pepper.then dabbed them with olive oil,pepper& salt & grilled them.they turned out perfect.Thank you.Reply
see 11 more