Lamb Chops in Fresh Apple Marinade Sauce
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 20mins
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 piece gingerroot, small knob and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon mint, fresh finely chooped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- seasoning, to your taste
- 1 1⁄2 kg lamb chops
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon parsley, fresh finely chopped
- Combne the onion, ginger, sugar, fruit juices, oil, mint, curry powder and seasonings in a bowl and mix well to make a marinade.
- Place the chops into a shallow dish and pour over the mix from the bowl (marinade.) Leave for at least 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove the chops from marinade and b.b.q, grill or pan fry chops until cooked. (Whilst cooking make the marinade sauce).
- Blend the 2 tablespoons of marinade and corn flour and mix until no there are no lumps; add remainder of marinade and add to some heat until sauce boils and thickens, simmer sauce for 3 minutes and serve with or over chops.
- Sprinkle chops with parsley before serving!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!