Fruity, thats the best way to describe this super curry. Not a lot of spices as they are replaced by curry powder.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 lbs lamb shoulder
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 4 teaspoons mild curry powder
- 4 ounces ghee (clarified butter)
- 2 tablespoons blanched almonds
- 1⁄2 cup sultana
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 inches fresh ginger, grated
- 2 onions, sliced
- lemon juice
- Place the meat in a bowl, mix together the soured cream, garam masala and curry powder, mix into the meat and leave to stand for a couple of hours.
- Heat the ghee in a pan and fry the almonds till golden remove from the pan, do the same with the apricots and sultanas, remove from the pan.
- Fry the onion, ginger and garlic till golden.
- Add the meat to the pan with the marinade, cook for 5 minutes Add the apricots and sultanas simmer till meat is tender. Add a little water if the curry dried out while cooking.
- Season with saltand lemon juice, garnish with the almonds.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION