Lamb and Sweet Potato Slow-Cooker Casserole Aust Ww 4 Pnts
something for winter.
- Ready In:
- 7hrs 15mins
- 1 olive oil, extra light spray (3 second spray)
- 4 large lean lamb, leg chop (600g)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 8 whole whole cardamom pods (pods)
- 1 medium sweet potato (600g)
- 2 whole stock cube dissolved in 2 cups hot water
- Place lamb, onions, garlic, coriander, cardamom, sweet potato and stock in a 5-litre capacity slow cooker. Season well with salt and pepper. Cover and cook on a low setting for 7 hours. Make sure to split cardamom pods down centre (not all way through) with a large sharp knife. This will help cardamom flavour to infuse in casserole. Unfortunately some of the black seeds may come out during the cooking process, so be careful not to eat them. They aren’t at all harmful to your health, just a little full-on in flavour.
- Serve with steamed green beans or broccoli.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This dish smelt wonderful cooking and was perfect for dinner on a cold night. But I am not sure what happened. the sweet potatoes didn't really work for us. We like sweet potatoes but with the spices it did work well. Aside from that rest of the dish was very tender and tasty. Made for Aus/NZ Swap #392Reply