Lainie's Wahoo Marinade
This was given to me when I requested a recipe for Wahoo by Lainie. It turned out absolutely fantastic. I used the leftover sauce on angel hair pasta. It was like pesto without the nuts. My Daughter called it the best pasta in the world!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 fresh garlic cloves
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro or 1/3 cup parsley
- 2 tablespoons cajun seafood seasoning
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 6 wahoo fillets, about 1/2 inch thick
- lemon wedge (to garnish)
- Spray grill with nonstick spray or brush with vegie oil to prevent sticking. Preheat on high for about 10 minutes.
- Mix first six ingredients in a blender. Purée into a smooth sauce.
- When ready to cook, brush both sides of fillets with sauce. Place fillets on grill and cook, turning once or twice. Brush more sauce as needed.
- Fish is done when it flakes easily (about 5 minutes). Serve with lemon wedges.