Lailani's "Cooking Under Pressure" Mongolian Beef
photo by Lailani
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs flat iron steaks, pounded into 1/4-inch strips (Top Blade)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 green onions, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- Season beef with salt and pepper. Put oil in the cooking pot and select MEAT SETTING. When oil begins to sizzle, brown meat in batches until all meat is browned - do not crowd. Transfer meat to a plate when browned.
- Add the garlic and sauté 1 minute. Add soy sauce, 1/2 cup water, brown sugar, and ginger. Stir to combine.
- Add browned beef and any accumulated juices. Select Meat setting for 20 minutes.
- When beep sounds turn pressure cooker off and use a quick pressure release. When valve drops carefully remove the lid.
- Combine the cornstarch and 3 tablespoons water, whisking until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture to the sauce in the pot stirring constantly. Select meat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until sauce thickens. Stir in green onions.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!