photo by ChefLee
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line two 17-inch-by-l2-by-r-inch baking sheets with baking parchment.
- Fit large pastry bag with a plain 1/2 inch round tube.
- Place egg whites in bowl of electric mixer and whip until soft peaks start to form.
- Slowly add 2 tablespoons of the sugar and continue to beat until stiff and glossy.
- Transfer to another bowl.
- Add yolks to mixer bowl and stir in remaining sugar.
- Whip until thick and very pale in color and remove bowl from stand.
- Sift flour and baking powder together onto a sheet of wax paper.
- Fold half the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture.
- Fold in the flour, and then fold in the remaining egg whites.
- Transfer mixture to pastry bag and pipe out onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Good recipe!! I used my copper bowl for the egg whites and was pleased with how easy this dough came together! I started smelling the cookies at about 6 minutes and so I took them out and they were lightly browned. I baked my next batch for 5 minutes and they came out perfectly! You definitely need a pastry bag and tip for this because the mix is very gooey and difficult to handle any other way. The cookies turn out light, airy, crisp, and delicious!! Thanks for the recipe!
I am probably doing something wrong with the whites in the recipe that my ladyfingers wouldn't rise at all. I made this recipe 3 times now, but with the same result. However, I am giving it five stars for the ease of this recipe and for the delicious taste. My mom devoured these things even though they didn't rise for me. I definitely will be making these very often, if not as ladyfingers just as regular cookies to munch on ;) Thanks Steve!