Cherry tomato quarters form the wings of these adorable little ladybugs. The delightful creatures are perched on crunchy crackers spread with a seasoned cream cheese mixture.
- Ready In:
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon snipped chives
- 1⁄8 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- black paste food coloring
- 36 butter flavored crackers
- 18 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 18 large pitted ripe olives
- 72 fresh chives, pieces (about 1-1/2 inches long)
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sour cream, chives, parsley and garlic salt; mix well.
- Place 1 tablespoon in a small plastic bag and tint black; set aside.
- Spread remaining cream cheese mixture on crackers.
- Arrange two tomato quarters on each for the ladybug wings.
- For heads, halve the olives widthwise; place one half on each cracker.
- Insert two chives into olives for antennae.
- Use tinted cream cheese mixture to pipe spots onto wings.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
My 13 year old and I had a great time making the little beetles and they were adorably cute. They were also very tasty but the crackers became soggy quickly, (perhaps because of the high humidity on the day we made them). I think using a better quality cracker, and maybe slightly less sour cream, might have prevented that. We took them to a party and had a lot of compliments on how cute they were. I'll definitely try the recipe again.