MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
There is bacon and then there is BAAAACON
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup mango chutney (any large chunks chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard or 2 tablespoons brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar or 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 12 slices thick bacon (good quality)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a bowl, stir the chutney, juice, mustard, and vinegar together.
- Place the bacon in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake the bacon 10-12 minutes or until it begins to look opaque and the fat begins to render; pour off any accumulated drippings.
- Turn over the bacon and brush about one half of the glaze on each slice.
- Return bacon to oven and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Remove bacon from oven, turn it over again, and brush it with the remaining glaze.
- Return bacon to oven for 3-5 minutes, until well browned and firm (with the glaze coating, the bacon gets chewy and crunchy but stays short of crisp).
- If you want to drain the bacon, do it on a rack instead of paper towels to avoid wiping off the glaze.
- Serve warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION