La Choy Chinese Chicken With Water Chestnuts
- Ready In:
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, skin removed
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon egg white, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 1 (6 ounce) package frozen pea pods, thawed
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 small tomatoes, quartered
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. In medium bowl, combine chicken, 1 Tbsp cornstarch, egg white, and salt. Stir to coat. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl combine chicken broth, soy sauce, 2 Tbsp cornstarch, and sugar. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat 2 Tbsp Peanut oil in wok or large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and stir-fry until no longer pink; remove and set aside.
- Saute ginger and garlic in remaining oil for 1 minute. Add peapods and stir-fry until crisp-tender.
- Add chicken and cornstarch mixture back into skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Serve immediately with rice or noodles.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!