Kway Teow Gai
photo by Yorky1000
- Ready In:
- 300 g wide rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large chili pepper, coarsely chopped
- 3 thai chili peppers, coarsely chopped
- 200 g chopped chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, leaf chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh Thai basil, chopped
- Boil the noodles until tender, drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok until hot then stir fry the garlic for about 1 minute.
- Add the chilli peppers and stir fry for a further minute.
- Add the chicken and stir fry until it browns.
- Sprinkle in the sugar, salt and black pepper and mix well.
- Pour in the fish sauce, soy sauce and tomatoes and stir for about 1 minute until it thickens.
- Add the rice noodles to the pan and mix well.
- Stir in most of the basil and coriander and cook for a few minutes.
- Garnish with the rest of the basil and serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!