- Ready In:
- 1hr 3mins
- Mix the ingredients for the crust,well;Divide into 7 balls.
- Roll out each and put into pie tins.
- Arrange fruit (apples peaches,rhubarb or any other fruit you prefer), in single layer, on the dough.
- Sprinkle sugar on the fruit.
- Mix together filling ingredients and pour on the fruit.
- (I like more filling so I make enough for 8 kuchen).
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake 375º till filling is set.
- About 33 minutes (If you stick a table knife in filling and it comes out clean it s done.).
My father-in-law grew up in N. Dakota speaking German. His mother used to make Kuchen, but she passed away several years ago. While he didn't compare this to hers, he did say it was very, very good and asked me to make it again. Got good reviews from other N. Dakota Germans too. I concur about needing more filling than the recipe makes. Give this a try and I think your family or guests will be pleasantly surprised. Thanks.