photo by Lighthouse Rita
- Ready In:
- 3 eggs
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brandy extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon anise extract
- 3⁄4 cup whiskey
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- flour (enough flour to make dough resemble a pie crust dough)
- 2 quarts vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- Beat eggs and sugar until lemon color.
- Add extracts, whiskey and baking powder.
- Add butter.
- Sift in flour to make dough resembling pie crust dough.
- Knead lightly.
- Roll very thin.
- Cut in strips.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar to have ready to sprinkle on Krostule after you deep fry them.
- Deep fry in vegetable oil (I use an electric frying pan with a 48 ounces of vegetalble oil) until Krostule looks crisp. (30 or so seconds on each side).
- Put on plate with paper towel, to soak about extra oil.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is very nice dessert. We call it in Croatia "KROSTULE". We do not put whiskey in it in Croatia because it is not our traditional strong drink. We would put rakija "lozovaca", nevertheless, it is a great dessert. To answer your question: Vanila sugar can be bought in Croatia (and probbably elswhere) in packages of 10g. It is white christal sugar with vanilla flavor.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a teacher and mother of two grown children. I enjoy cooking, especially cookies. I also enjoy line dancing, scrap booking, Bunco, gardening, lighthouses, reading and taking walks with my husband. I have a beautiful granddaughter and a handsome grandson. Both are under the age of five.