- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- Line 2 loaf pans with well greased brown paper or foil, shiny side down. (9 x 5 x 3 inches).
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- Cream butter and sugar together for five minutes.
- Stir in beaten egg yolks. Stir in milk; mix well.
- Chop the almonds and the fruits. Mix together and then stir into creamed mixture.
- Sift together dry ingredients and stir into creamed mixture, combining well.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry. Fold into cake batter along with the lemon extract.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake until cake tests done, using a skewer. (About 1 hour).
- Allow to rest on rack and cool to warm before removing from pans.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I could not believe my eyes when I saw 'Kresge's Fruitcake' in this thread!!! I have been making this fruitcake for many years and it truly is a great light cake!!! I remember going to Kresge's in downtown Montreal and having a snack at their lunch counter, really good food!!! Oh what great memories! Thanks MarieAlice!!