Korean Chicken Soup
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 8 cups chicken broth (preferably homemade)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon kochujang or other chili paste
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- In a large pot, combine chicken broth, garlic and ginger; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add rice and reduce the heat to med-low; simmer until the rice is tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in soy sauce and sesame oil. Add chile paste to taste.
- Add chicken and heat until warmed through.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with scallions and sesame seeds.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
You have got to try this one! I made this for diner last night and it was a big hit. Weâ€™re suffering form clods and it cleared our sinuses right up and was delicious. Because different people in my house hold have like different leaves of heat I held back on the chili past and put some in a small container on the table so each person could add more to fit their likening. I did a side salad to go with is this time.
I have made this recipe for years, with differences: I use a pressure cooker to cook chicken thighs with spices and create my own broth,thereby; defat; then add vegetables and toasted sesame oil. The favorite vegetable to add is Kim Chi, but, bok choy and/or baby spinach leaves work well. A little reheating cooks the veges enough.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am an American married to a Turkish chef who works in an Italian restaurant here in Chapel Hill...we both love Asian food of all kinds; currently I am teaching myself how to cook. So far so good!!! <br> <br> <br><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg> <br> <br><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket>