Korean Chicken in Hot Chili Sauce
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 55mins
- 2 lbs skinless chicken pieces, loose skin and fat discarded
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons korean red pepper paste (less for a milder dish)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Cut the chicken into 3-inch pieces.
- Divide the wings.
- Mix the chicken with the sugar and marinate for an hour.
- (I used boneless breast and a Zip-Lock bag works well)
- Mix together the other seasonings (all but the water) and marinate for another hour or more.
- Pour the water into a pan and bring to a boil. Add the chicken and the marinade and simmer, covered, for 1/2 hour over low heat, stirring occasionally. This will be enough to cook the chicken and evaporate most of the liquid.
- Serve warm with rice, salads, and kimchi.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am retired, an Episcopal priest, still serving part-time, supplying in churches as needed. My favorite activities are reading, cooking, knitting, spinning, weaving and dyeing yarn. I have a small flock of shetland sheep, and use their wool for some of my handspun yarn.