Koopers Turducken Burger
photo by bbcompent1
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 ounces ground turkey breast
- 2 1⁄2 ounces ground chicken breast
- 2 1⁄2 ounces skinless duck breasts, ground
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 4 brioche buns
- Baby Spinach
- 2 tomatoes
- 4 slices of irish porter cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces bacon grease
- 8 slices bacon
Cranberry-Dijon Mustard Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cranberry puree
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
* Personal note:
- I suggest that you soak your duck breast in very cold light brine for 24-48 hours to get the gamey flavor out of it. Change the brine after each day.
- 4 cups water.
- 1/4 cup salt.
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar.
- Heat water to boiling, dissolve salt and sugar into water. Let brine cool completely before submerging duck breasts in chunks. I recommend placing it into the refrigerator to get it cold.
- In a bowl, add the meat, herbs and salt and pepper. Mix all together well done making 8-oz. each patty.
- Grill your Turducken patties to minimum 165 degrees and melt your Irish Porter Cheese on them. The bacon grease adds fat, we want to aim for a 80/20 mix of meat to fat, much like ground beef.
To build the burger:
- Brioche Bun.
- 2 Bacon Strips.
- Baby Spinach.
- 2 Oz of Cranberry-Dijon Mustard Sauce.
- Turducken Patty + Cheese.
- Brioche Bun.
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients together.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!