Kool Aid Tie Dyed T-Shirts
Easy tie-dyed shirts "recipe" I found in one of my daycare books
- Ready In:
- sugar-free Kool-Aid mix
- You'll need small plastic bowls, plastic gloves, rubber bands, and T-shirts.
- Mix 1 package Kool-Aid for each color you want and 1 ounce of vinegar in individual plastic bowls.
- Mix until Kool-Aid is dissolved.
- Using rubber bands, pull and twist T-shirt into different shapes.
- Dip rubber-banded ends in bowls (make sure you wear gloves or your hands will stain).
- To set colors, iron on medium-high using an ironing cloth between shirt and iron.
- Let set for 24 hours before washing.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I did this with my 5 year old, she had fun with it...I mixed about a cup water with each kool-aid and vinegar but the colour wasn't really as vibrant as I would have liked but if you don't add water then there's not enough dye to cover the garment...a fun holiday activity but just wish the colours were brighter. Thanks for posting!