Kool-Aid Jelly (Many Flavors) (For Jelly Queen)
photo by Watkinslady30
- Ready In:
12 8 oz. jars
- In large stockpot add Kool Aid and cold water.
- Stir in pectin and unflavored gelatin.
- Let set five minutes until softened. Then stir and bring to a boil.
- Add sugar and margarine. Bring to a rolling boil for 2 minutes.
- Take off the burner, skim.
- Note:The margarine cuts down the foam.
- Pour into sterile hot jars.
- Wipe rims and adjust the seal and bands tightly.
- Process in a hot water bath in your canner for five minutes. Make sure the water covers the lids.
- Remove the jars, turn upside down on a rack or cotton towels on the counter.
- Do not move the jars until cool.
- This makes 12 8 ounce jars of jelly.
- I add the Knox unflavored gelatin because my husband likes a firm jelly.
- I am sure you will be "hooked" with the flavors you can make and the cost is about 45 cents per jar.
- Some flavors take longer to gel than others.
- but there is a recipe that works to set or gell the jelly in the description of recipe.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My kids love this! Yesterday we made our third batch. So far we have tried black cherry, loved it!, strawberry lemonaide (it was okay), and mixed berry. First two batches were half batches and I could not figure out why it did not set. READ YOUR BOXES of pectin!!! Sure-jel only comes in 1.75 oz packages here!!! I did not realize that! Anyway added extra pectin and made the full batch this time and it set beautifully. Now enjoying a peanutbutter and mixed berry kool aid jelly sandwich :D
I made this 2 years ago...totally didn't realize on this site, that I could rate it....spacecadet. Anyway. I made this with several different flavors and had total success. I even used the invsible Kool-aid and mailed it to my nephews that year for Christmas...and at that time Kool-aid had 2 flavors and not it's down to one...They totally loved it. My kids too. It was rather easy to follow. Thanks again. It's a keeper!!
This is a great jelly. Easy to make. The only advise I have after doing jellies for over 20 years is this is a double batch. When doing jelly you can not do more than one batch at a time. It just wont set right. So I used this recipe and cut it in half and the jelly set right away and I did not have to go back and fix it. I also used a flavored gelitin to match the kool aid I used and it worked great.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>My husband & I built our dream home after our children were raised.We didn't hire a contractor, we pounded every nail and board and shingle on it.I have lots of stories to tell about that adventure. My passion is cooking, my grandchildren and living each day like it were my last. I love to drive the big rigs. I lived all over the world for a time and collected dolls and cookbooks. I write poetry. My other passions are the outdoors, country living, the sunrises and sunsets,to give to others more than I receive as it says in the Bible. As I get older I am less judgemental.I hope I have helped someone each and every day. Every day is an adventure! <br /><br />Event Participation! <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/RSC%20Banners/RSC11-SueL-FirstPlace.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/smPACp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/beartag_1_1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/adopted_1_1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/200_artistrichardneuman-art-prints_.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/untitled.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /></p>