Koo Koo Sabzi
- Ready In:
- 1 bunch cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 2 bunches Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries (or barberries, if you can access them!)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, toasted
- 3 eggs (you may use 4 if your herb bunches are bountiful)
- cooking spray
- Cook spinach and drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, cilantro, parsley, dill, and onion.
- In a small bowl, crack three eggs and whisk with a fork. Pour eggs into large bowls with herbs. Mix to combine.
- You do not want an eggy consistency. The egg is used to combine the herbs together. The herbs should look very glossy from the egg, not swimming in it! From here gauge if you need to crack another egg and add it to your mix.
- Season with salt, pepper, and turmeric,.
- Fold in cranberries and walnuts.
- Heat a large pan over medium-heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Pour egg mixture into pan and let cook on one side, about three minutes.
- As the bottom is cooking, use your spatula to divide "omelet" into six or eight "pie slices".
- Flip each slice so the other side cooks, another three minutes.
- Lower heat to medium as needed so it doesn't burn.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am an amateur cook and baker, but I love experimenting with new recipes and adapting them to my tastes, macros, and dietary preferences.</p> 8740141"