photo by Pneuma
- Ready In:
- In a bowl (and using a wooden spoon, your hands or electric mixer) combine butter and cream cheese; stir in salt.
- Gradually add flour, making a sticky dough.
- Sprinkle outside of dough with flour, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (or up to 24 hours).
- When dough has chilled, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Working with 1/4 of the dough at a time, roll it out to less than 1/4" thickness, using flour as necessary to prevent sticking.
- Cut into 2" squares and put a dollop of preserves in center of each square.
- Spread preserves across the diagonal, stopping SHORT of the edges.
- Either roll up and seal, or fold into triangles. If the latter, bring corners up together, and pinch across the center.
- Brush with egg whites and sprinkle with sugar, before placing on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes; cool slightly or completely before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Delicious! These taste like rugelachs. I used strawberry jam too as that's what I had and used part cake /part wheat flour as I ran out of APF. I didn't put sugar on the dough before baking as the jam was sweet enough. I folded them in triangles with the ends open pinching the top. Next time, it'll just be my option to make sure to seal the triangles as they open up a bit anyway while baking. Yummy! Thanks! Posted for WZT4.