- Ready In:
- 4hrs 15mins
- Proof yeast in lukewarm water and 1 Tablespoon sugar.
- Scald milk and shortening; add sugar.
- Cool to lukewarm.
- Add 2 cups flour to make a batter.
- Add yeast to mixture.
- Add eggs; mix.
- Add remaining flour to make a soft dough, a little at a time; amount of flour will vary some from the 7 cups.
- Knead lightly.
- Place in a greased bowl; cover; set in place to rise until double, about 2 hours.
- Punch down; let rise until double.
- Form into balls; for kolaches make a dent in center and fill; let rise.
- Bake in 400 degree Fahrenheit oven until nicely browned, about 15 minutes; no time given, guessing here.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p style=text-align: center;>Hi! If you're looking for grandmas recipe, it might be here .</p> 8726272"